Friday, November 26, 2010

Lorena Ochoa's autobiography

Former world number one will officially announce the book in which she'll share anecdotes from her life, both on and off the golf course, in the 24th edition of the International Book Festival of Guadalajara.

Lorena's last appearance was in the LPGA tournament she hosts.







The publisher is Random House Mondadori, who has also published titles like Dalai Lama: Man, Monk, Mystic and A Spoken Autobiography by Fidel Castro and Ignacio Ramonet. Lorena's book will have the imprint of Plaza & Janes.

With this book, the Mexican intendeds to give "a positive message and become a source of inspiration for future generations".

Ochoa will tell the world little known chapters of her life and what she did to become the professional golfer who dominated the LPGA for almost four years. 

In a press release she shared an excerpt that says..

"The biggest step I took was when I qualified to represent Mexico in the World Championship, I was 8 years old and many of my uncles and several people in the club could not believe it. My dad, also known as Sobina, received lots of comments from them, they told him: 'Sobina, but how is it possible that you’re going to take her to the World Championship? She hasn’t played anywhere else but here. How will she do it with the best in the world?' 

Then my dad promised me that if I qualified, he would take me (to San Diego) honestly, I liked the idea because I wanted to visit Disneyland, not so much because of the tournament. Once in San Diego, my dad and I started practicing in the course, which is small. He said: 'Why do not we count and add the 18 holes, to see how you’re doing?' I played 18 holes and when I finished, I saw the records of the previous champions. I told my dad, 'I will win, I am standing here watching their results and I know I can win'. We were excited and later that week I did it, I played and won. Afterward we went to Disneyland".

The book will be ready next year and will be written in Spanish.
blog comments powered by Disqus